It’s a great relief that a select committee in the Commons is actually looking into child protection!
Fortunately, John was invited to give evidence today, Tuesday, 13th December 2011.
Whilst the focus was on ‘adoption’, he did make it clear that there are too many wrongful care decisions and that parents who oppose care orders virtually never win.
He also pointed out that the secret legal proceedings are not working and that these important decisions should follow the approach of caseworker conferences.
- In the Best Interest of the Ideology: the Child Protection System in England, by Florence Bellone (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Children ‘being wrongly adopted’ (bbc.co.uk)
- 1,000 children “wrongly” adopted every year (researchingreform.wordpress.com)
- British social workers pursue a harsh foreign policy (alisonsgypt.wordpress.com)
- The real scandal of our care system is still overlooked (alisonsgypt.wordpress.com)
- Social Workers ‘Sex Up Abuse Claims to Snatch Children for Adoption’ (alisonsgypt.wordpress.com)