This Early Day Motion (EDM 2382) was brought to my attention only today. John Hemming MP, once again, spells things out as they are:
- the panel was not representative
- family court decisions have nothing to do with reality
- campaigning groups haven’t been taken into account
- financial dependence on the family court system plays the tune.
You are invited to sign the petition that builds on this EDM 2382.
You can also write to your MP inviting him/her to join the small gang of 12 MPs so far who understand what’s going on in family courts, by signing EDM 2382.
And you can support your letter with our submissions to the Education Select Committee that is currently investigating ‘child protection’.
And once you’re into browsing EDMs (great way of finding out what MPs are interested in and are supporting), do note that by today, John has tabled 23 EDMs and supported 754. EDMs seem to be the best campaigning tool that MPs have at their disposal.
- Camilla Cavendish’s 10-Point Plan before the Education Select Committee (victims-unite.net)
- Say it in 1 min 20 secs: Social Services, Family Court Judges, CAFCASS conspire in abducting our children (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Appeals soar after secret courts are opened to public (victims-unite.net)
- The criminals in uniform – drug dealers and pervertors of justice in the police (victims-unite.net)
It’s a great relief that a select committee in the Commons is actually looking into child protection!
Fortunately, John was invited to give evidence today, Tuesday, 13th December 2011.
Whilst the focus was on ‘adoption’, he did make it clear that there are too many wrongful care decisions and that parents who oppose care orders virtually never win.
He also pointed out that the secret legal proceedings are not working and that these important decisions should follow the approach of caseworker conferences.
- In the Best Interest of the Ideology: the Child Protection System in England, by Florence Bellone (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Children ‘being wrongly adopted’ (bbc.co.uk)
- 1,000 children “wrongly” adopted every year (researchingreform.wordpress.com)
- British social workers pursue a harsh foreign policy (alisonsgypt.wordpress.com)
- The real scandal of our care system is still overlooked (alisonsgypt.wordpress.com)
- Social Workers ‘Sex Up Abuse Claims to Snatch Children for Adoption’ (alisonsgypt.wordpress.com)